Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 77: Ode to Little Dood

i'm so tired today. it was a busy week at work and i am physically and mentally drained. my creativity is now limited to what i can think up in the next 5 minutes and type out on the computer.

i was going to write a haiku again, but my husband said i could just write a poem.
so here's an Ode.  it has the rhyming scheme: "ABABCDECDE"
oh, and Little Dood is the name my husband gave "our pet" grasshopper.

Little grasshopper

Ode to Little Dood
Oh my dear, Little Dood,
It's been a weeks since our last encounter.
Where have you gone too?
i miss my friendly grasshopper.
You must have moved away from your plumeria leaf.
the tree is almost naked and now a risky place.
but i still worry that you died or got eaten.
if this were true, i would be overcome with grief!
but joyous that i got to meet you through God's grace,
and maybe i will see you again somewhere in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment