Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 48: I Love Paris in the Springtime Bookmark

more stamping!  today, i'm crafting for the Swap-bot swap, "OTT ~ I really like...." in the One Tiny Thing group.  The theme is, I really like.... so we make one tiny thing for our partner to show them something we really like.  

so... i REALLY LOVE Paris.  i really do.  my husband and i visited Paris for a week 2 years ago.  and yes, Paris in the springtime is everything you imagine!  it smells good (the smells of baking bread, lily of the valley, and fresh air), it tastes good (macarons, hot tea, and crepes), and it feels good (cool breezes, warm sunshine, and lots of walking)!  and i love to read, so i'm making a mini bookmark (it's about (4 inches x 1.5 inches).

of course, Paris is NOT a creepy crawly, but we did see butterflies around so i'm added them to my bookmark.  All the stamps are Stampin' Up:  the butterfly and flowers from the Nature Walk set, the Eiffel Tower from Chic Boutique.  the cardstock is a pretty blue from core'dinations.  i inked the butterflies and flowers with stampin' pad tempting turquoise and the Eiffel Tower is stamped twice (once with stampin' pad rich razzleberry and then shadowed with versamark.  i added sparkly embossing powder to the versamark to make it shine (like the real Eiffel Tower at night when they make it sparkle). :)  rounded the corners with my Zutter round it all, then punched a hole in the top for the purple eyelet and purple ribbon.  i also LOVE Jesus... so i added a little tiny cross to the ribbon before tying it off.

here's the front:

Day 48:  I Love Paris in the Springtime Bookmark

and the back:
Day 48:  I Love Paris in the Springtime Bookmark

i think i might want to make one for myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment