Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 131: Baby Praying Mantis Photograph

this is a picture i took on Saturday, so i guess my posts are out of order a little bit. 

but i thought i would share my little discovery with you!  we were returning home from our family walk with the dog, and i looked up to see the roses.  there was a little wasp frantically running around on one of the bright pink petals.  i stood there and watched him for a bit, wondering what got him all upset... and then my eyes shifted a bit to the left and there was the little tiny praying mantis eating the other wasp.  i'm assuming that the wasp being eaten was the frantic wasp's mate.  how sad! 

but the praying mantis seemed to be enjoying his meal.  he didn't mind me standing there staring at him too much.  he watched me with his little pin-point eyes...  but didn't run away.  he continued to much away at the wasp.  my husband ran inside and got the fancy camera with my macro lens so i could take better shots, but this is the pic i got with my iPhone.  not too bad, huh?

IMG_1543

No comments:

Post a Comment